Palestine, Texas 2014 Winter Bucket List: A great list of things still coming up in and around Palestine!
- Decorate the tree!
- Iceskate Downtown
- Take pics w/ Santa! – November 29th-December 21st –Santa’s Workshop : Take photos with Santa by Lee Loveless Photography. Don’t forget to bring your Christmas wish list for Santa. Saturdays 10am-6pm & Sundays 2pm-5pm;Special hours on December 22 & 23 from 10am-5pm & 24th 10am-3pm. 101 W. Oak Street, Palestine.
- Have some Adult Fun @ Palestine Main Street Wine Swirl, December 13th, from 4-7pm. Buy Tickets Here, at the Palestine Chamber or the Palestine Visitor Center. A unique wine & culinary event for wine lovers. Set against the backdrop of our historic downtown, the Wine Swirl brings together a dozen of regional wineries for one evening to offer a taste of their vintages. 903-723-3014.
- See “A Christmas Story” LIVE! December 11-14th — “A Christmas Story” at the Texas Theatre! ONE WEEKEND ONLY! Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2pm. Buy Tickets Here.
- Sing Christmas Carols obnoxiously loud
- Donate a Toy to a child in need. Toys for Tots drop off locations are: Palestine Herald Press & Jamie’s Therapeutic Touch
- Enjoy a seasonal holiday beer at Pint & Barrel Drafthouse
- Enjoy some pie from Oxbow Bakery
- Hit an Antique Auction – December 13th–Antique Auction at Ye Olde Auction House – Fantastic Furniture, over 75 Stained Glass Windows, StunningHigh End Jewelry, Wonderful Railroad Memorabilia, and Great Smalls! Partial Catalog On-line! – 505 W. Spring, Downtown Palestine.
- See some Christmas Lights! Either drive the neighborhoods or visit the Christmas Park Land of Lights in Athens through Jan 3rd. I definitely recommend this one–well worth the drive to see this amazing drive thru display of lights and music! This is one of our yearly traditions. It’s awesome for kids and adults alike!! Open nightly from 6:30-10:30pm. Cost is $25 per car, so bring everyone! More info here.
- Ride the Polar Express at the Texas State Railroad
- Checkout the Museum for East Texas Culture
- Overuse the whipped cream in your hot chocolate
- Wear your favorite pair of boots
- Bust out your coordinating hats, gloves & scarves
- Check out the “Beesley, It Lives!” Exhibit. Nov 21st-Jan 21st: Beesley, It Lives! Exhibit—This is a MUST SEE exhibit this winter! Opens in Palestine on Nov. 21 at the Palestine Mall at 2 p.m. Runs Thursday-Sunday through January 21st, 2015. Cost of admission for adults is $5 and children $2. For reservations and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Grinch @ Grinch’s Lair at the Historic Anderson County Jail– Through Dec. 13, He’s Mean, He’s Green & He’s in Palestine. The Grinch will take you on a tour of his home: His bedroom made of all beds, his kitchen & his bathroom. Characters from the beloved book are staged throughout.704 Ave A, Palestine. 903-373-8158
- Bake a sinful dessert
- Wrap a pretty gift
- Take a drive through Davey Dogwood Park and enjoy the fall colors!
- Go on a matinee movie date at Dogwood 6
- Order a “Clark Griswald” drink at Cream & Coffee
- Take a hayride
Happy Winter, Y’all!